This is the standard, oval US plate for the front flap of the infantry cartridge boxes manufactured prior to 1864. This one is in good, dug condition with just a slight indentation in the lower right rim. About 80% of the solder backing remains. Both hooks are gone. It was recovered in the early 1930s by George Whiting at Cedar Mountain, and comes from his collection.
Add To Cart
P.O. Box 215 • Raphine, VA 24472 Tel: 540-377-2057